Dirigo Software Licensing Information
NOTICE: Dirigo Software is transforming to a yearly subscription business model. With that, we are phasing out the licenses for old versions of our software with a timetable to allow license holders time to upgrade before their licenses expire. Here is the current schedule for the end of the old software licenses.
All Version 15 programs will transform to the yearly subscription business model on January 1, 2024.
Our software is copy-protected. This cuts down on software piracy, which in turn cuts down on costs for users. In order to keep users informed on procedures to protect their licenses from loss, we offer the following as guidance:
- All of our software titles require an activation code to run past the "demo" or "evaluation" period.
- Once an activation code is obtained through the activation code request procedure, you will activate your program for up to a year (or the date your subscription ends) with that code.
- A new activation code will need to be requested when the activation code expires. If you are on a subscription you will need to pay the subscription fee before a new activation code can be sent out. The cost of the yearly subscription payment will be modest - a fraction of the cost of a new license.
- If you are going to change any hardware in your computer or upgrade your version of Windows, etc., you will need to:
- Perform the deactivation procedure so you don't lose your current activation, which could result in requiring another payment if you do not deactivate your software and send us the Removal Code that is shown upon deactivation, first.
- Once your hardware/Windows changes are complete and your computer is back up and running in Windows, you will need to request a new activation code, which will be free if you've sent us the Removal Code, beforehand.
- Note that the new activation code will be valid for whatever time is remaining on your original activation code to match the expiration date of your original activation code. Meaning, if your original activation code expires on Christmas day and you deactivate and reactivate due to a hardware change the second activation code will still expire on Christmas day.
- If you get a new computer and wish to transfer any licenses of our software from the old computer to the new computer, the procedure is exactly the same as the case above with the exception of adding that you will need to install your software titles onto the new computer once the computer is ready and request new activation codes.
Thanks, and if you have any questions, please first check your Help file, your manual, and the read me file. If you still can't find the answer you need, please send us a message here.
|PO Box 53
Readfield, ME 04355
Email/message is the best way to reach us!
© Dirigo Software, LLC. All rights reserved.
This page was last updated on June 21 2021 16:47:30