Yearly Program Upgrades Information
October 26, 2015
As I'm sure a lot of you folks are aware, more and more software licensing is being put on a subscription plan. As long as you stay paid up on the subscription (usually on a yearly basis) you will get all updates and upgrades for free during the subscription period. At the end of the year you simply pay for another subscription and continue on your merry way. Indeed, all of the programming software I use to create my software as well as the Microsoft Office software I use is now on a subscription plan. With that, I have decided to do something very similar (but not exactly) with my business model. Here is how it will work:
In anticipation of some questions:
- I will put out a new version of all 3 of my software titles once every calendar year.
- Those folks/agencies who upgrade each year to the new version will be rewarded handsomely with a very low, "no-brainer" upgrade price. How low? For the foreseeable future, those who have current licenses of all 3 of my programs will pay about $140 a year for SingleSaver upgrades per seat by upgrading from the current version to the new version. This averages out to less than $12 a month for the use of all 3 programs for the year.
- Those who are only interested in AR Pro licenses will pay about $80 a year for the upgrade per seat. This averages out to less than $7 a month per seat for the use of AR Pro.
- Conversely, those folks who do not stay current and fall behind will have to pay considerably more to upgrade their licenses. For instance, upgrading from a SingleSaver 8 to a SingleSaver 11 will cost $349 instead of $139 (and keep in mind a new SingleSaver 11 costs $399). Upgrading from AR Pro 8 to AR Pro 11 will cost $199 instead of $79 (and a new Pro 11 license is $219). While the differences are not in any way outrageous or unattainable, it clearly makes both financial sense as well as program usability, compatibility, and capability sense to stay current. Those who stay updated each year with the license upgrades will enjoy always having the most current, most compatible and most capable version of my software at all times, and for a very low per-seat cost. Everybody wins!
Have a question? Send us a message
- Do I have to upgrade to the new release each year? - No. You are encouraged to do so with our new ultra-low yearly pricing policy, but no one is attempting to force you to upgrade.
- What happens if I don't upgrade each year? - You will pay more money when you do upgrade and will also have that period of time when you aren't running the most compatible, capable, and current version of our software.
- I only have an AR Pro license. Can I upgrade to the SingleSaver license? - No. You will need to purchase an AR Pro upgrade and a new Recall and TSB license. Once you have purchased all 3 programs you are eligible for SingleSaver upgrades from that point forward.
- Can you give me a quote for the next X number of years? - No. Prices will go up a little bit each year with each new version as it takes $$$ and time to create the new versions. Quotes are good for 30 days. This is the industry standard.
|PO Box 53
Readfield, ME 04355
207 - 215 - 7929
© Dirigo Software. All rights reserved.
This page was last updated on January 10 2018 21:15:21